Sunday, December 9, 2007

She's Got This Thing About 3:30 A.M.

I'm not sure what's so magical about this hour, but my fantasy author, Sandy Lender, tends to either fall asleep at the computer at this hour when I'm trying to get her to write, or she wakes up at this hour. She woke up at 3:30 this morning with an idea for a new fantasy novel, set on the continent of Onweald, which is significant because that's the place where a majority of the story of the Choices Meant for Gods trilogy takes place.

Sidenote: If you haven't already purchased a copy of CMFG for yourself or a loved one, it would make a fabulous Christmas present for anyone who enjoys the Lord of the Rings/Tolkien stories. I'm going on faith there because I'm not familiar with the books, only the movies. (She says I shouldn't admit such a thing because the books, while not able to convey the hotness of Viggo Mortensen, are better than the movies. I think I get her meaning, but I'm going to pretend that I don't.)

Anyway, the point of this post is to let you all know that this day in a writer's life, the writer woke up at 3:30 to scribble down notes for a new fantasy novel. And then neglected to post her usual items to her blog over at www.todaythedragonwins.blogspot.com so she just posted something for writers about half an hour ago. I think she's nuts for trying to keep up with daily posts given everything else she has going on in her life, but she's got this contest going where you can win a copy of the epic fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods. The rules/directions are posted over at www.authorisland.com, which is a great site for readers (and writers) who want to get information about new books that are out, the authors who write them, etc.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites