Monday, January 11, 2010

She's Got a Dragon in the House

I'm listening to Stay by Me by Annie Lennox.

My fantasy author, Sandy Lender, says dragons are merely large lizards, thus no one should fear them until he or she gets to know them. This means the lizard seeking shelter in the other room is, by her definition, a small dragon.

The Story: Upon opening the front door earlier today, I let a small, dark-colored lizard scurry into the apartment. Sandy could easily have caught the reptile and tossed it back outside because it moved rather slowly due to the cold Florida day, but she took pity on it. And she said, with more enthusiasm than I think healthy, "Oh! He'll eat the bugs!" Is this a definition for a symbiotic relationship?

The lizard is lounging contentedly in a sunny window ledge, eyeing the butter-bowl-lid of water she set out for him suspiciously, and she's happily planning what she'll do with her free time that's currently consumed by killing bugs the apartment management seems unable to exterminate with chemicals. Personally, I'd rather see a troupe of small dragons eat the bugs than have the Truly Nolen personnel constantly gassing my author...

I'll report back when the lizard starts getting fat.
All my best,
Nigel Taiman
Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites