Monday, February 26, 2007

She's Got This New Job

Sandy Lender has been in the publishing industry in one form or another for almost fifteen years now, so it should come as no surprise to me that she's taken a job at a magazine. The position she's in (managing editor) is a few rungs down the ladder from what she could be doing, but she seems overly thankful for the lack of responsibility. After the treatment she received at her last place of employment, I, too, am thankful to see her taking on fewer tasks and less stress in the workplace so she can get home to write my stories and not get taken advantage of again.

I'm testy with her, though. This new job entails at least forty hours a week. That's forty hours she's not working on the story of my bride. And this new job is located downtown, which is an hour from here (in "good" traffic), which means another ten-plus hours a week she's not working on the story of my bride. I find myself sitting here in her house waiting for the weekend, only to discover she's scheduled to work some insane shift at the part-time job she's taken to help pay the bills. I'd give my eye teeth to bring some of my treasury from Arcana to this society/world to ease the struggle she's in right now, but that sort of thing doesn't work...

For now, though, I'm pleased to announce that she's got a good job with friendly people who seem genuinely interested in each other's well-being. I'm thankful to see it in her life.

Tags: ,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites