Saturday, February 23, 2008

She Can't Live Anywhere Else Now

My fantasy author, Sandy Lender, traveled to Denver for a business trip this week. She was only away for three days, but you'd think she'd been asked to abandon her country for half a lifetime. You should have heard her complaining to me about it. "The air is so dry. It's so cold. I can't believe how cold it is. This is insane. I moved away from cold like this for a reason." Etcetera. (She admits now that it wasn't as cold as she typically endured when living in Kansas City, but it was a shock to a system used to 80 degrees...)

Anyway, when she stepped out of the airport here at home last night (at 11:30), the warm, humid air of Southwest Florida hit her lungs and she literally sighed in relief. "This is why I live in Florida."

So she's very happy to be home.

Tags: , , ,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites