Tuesday, February 26, 2008

She's Ready for Beowulf

When Beowulf was released to the theatres, the person she was dating was on a drinking binge and she couldn't get him to go with her to see it. The usual girlfriends she would call on to go to the movies had a variety of excuses for not wanting to go out: one was very busy with work, one had just moved out of state, one was on a drinking binge from stress in her life, one was too depressed to get out of her apartment and be seen in public, one had no interest in Old English and couldn't be persuaded to go...

Now. This post tells me two things. First, my fantasy author, Sandy Lender, needs "movie-going" friends apart from the other friends. Second, she needs to live in a town that shows movies for more than a week. But she's stuck in this retirement village for the time being and, today, will buy the Beowulf DVD that's being released (if she can find a store in this town selling it) and watch it.

On one hand, I'm distressed because while she's watching the DVD, I can't get her to work on the Choices Meant for Gods prequel. On the other hand, I'm okay with her choice of this evening's activities because Beowulf (the epic poem) is one of her sources of inspiration, and I've no doubt she'll be up all night typing away and listening to me whisper ideas for scenes in her head. It'll be great!

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have gone with her!
If I was there...sigh.
I haven't even seen Beowulf on DVD, although I do still sigh over the original translation.

Offsnethen!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites