Thursday, March 20, 2008

She Went to a Barry Manilow Concert While in Vegas

Yes, my fantasy author, Sandy Lender, spent more time working and running around the CONEXPO-CON/AGG trade show floors than anything else while in Vegas last week, but she did attend the Terex evening event that I "blogged" about earlier in the week and, on Friday evening, she attended a concert just for the fun of it. No clients were involved. No press badge was necessary. She merely got herself an advance ticket and went to see Barry Manilow's Music and Passion show at the Las Vegas Hilton. And she was very pleased with the way it turned out.

She's been a fan for 32 years so every song he played was something she wanted to hear. The songs included Weekend in New England, Looks Like We Made It, I Made it Through the Rain (which, strangely enough, she posted about at www.todaythedragonwins.blogspot.com prior to leaving for Vegas), Copa Cabana, American Bandstand, Boogie Woogie Blues, New York City Rhythm, Moonlight Serenade, Can't Take my Eyes off of You, When They Dance (and she tells me that she loves his Mayflower album), Daybreak, Can't Smile Without You, I am Your Child, and, the one my bride in Choices Meant for Gods is named after, Mandy. There were more, of course, but she's unable to list them all.

In summary, Sandy Lender highly recommends attending the Music and Passion show in Vegas, or wherever it may be appearing. For instance, he's taking the show to Kansas City and St. Louis here shortly and tickets are on sale this weekend, I believe. (She gets these updates from the fan club...) The stage is phenomenal; the backup singers are flashy and full of energy; the band is tight and dead-on; Barry's voice is spectacular and his sense of humor is still as sharp as ever; and the show leaves you thrilled at the end.

Now, if my version of Sandy's review doesn't convince you, you can see her version (which is much more fawning) over at www.todaythedragonwins.blogspot.com, but you have to scroll to Wednesday. That means getting past some bizarre experiment she's done with Cadbury creme eggs today in honor of Easter. I don't even pretend to understand. All I know is I would have preferred she was writing instead of playing around with chocolate.

Have a great day, everyone.
Nigel

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites