Wednesday, March 21, 2007

She Has a Lot of Anger Toward This University

I can't believe she's going to let me post this, but Sandy used to work at a place called Ave Maria University. Her friends not-so-affectionately refer to it as "Crazy Park" and usually use swear words to describe it. I find it amusing until Sandy starts to look sad about the things they say, and then I try to get her to think of something else. It turns out the man in charge of Ave Maria University, a certain Mr. Tom Monaghan, fired their Provost, Father Joseph Fessio, today. Now, I know a lot about educational institutions because I run the school at Arcana, and I can tell you, it's not wise to fire the one person at the helm who knows how to run the educational institution.

It's also not wise to fire the one person who is single-handedly drawing teachers, students, Cardinals from Rome for speaking/fund raising opportunities... I have to wonder, now that Father Fessio is gone, who will accompany Professor Joseph Pierce on the fund raising opportunity retreat to England this summer. That's only three months away. I also wonder who will lead the Annunciation Mass at the new campus/town location. I also wonder who will speak at all the Founders events. Who will mentor the students who were standing in clumps of pathos crying on the interim AMU campus today? Sandy pointed out to me that Ave Maria University faces a lot of opposition for poor decisions and poor handling of business in the past. This looks like they're just keeping up their track record, to me.

I'll learn from what I've seen today and not repeat Ave Maria University's mistake when Sandy lets me complete my marketing efforts for Choices Meant for Gods and return to Arcana to teach by my bride's side. In the meantime, I think I'll see if she needs anything to return her to good spirits. She's worried for her colleague and waiting for him to return her page.

Tags: , ,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites