Thursday, March 1, 2007

Her Strength Reminds Me of Amanda

I’m not allowed to tell you much of Sandy’s personal life. She’d draw back a bow and fire an arrow at me, I’m sure. And this blog is all about keeping her happy, as I’ve explained before. The happier Sandy is, the safer my bride remains in the Choices Meant for Gods trilogy.

But I feel compelled to write tonight to say, given the horrid events taking place in Sandy’s life, I can’t help thinking how her fortitude mirrors that of my Amanda. It’s inspiring to see her get up each morning and post real and useful information to her blog over at www.todaythedragonwins.blogspot.com before she sprints off to work. She actually has more than one job, you see. There’s the fulltime position at the magazine. Then there’s the part-time job at a bar on the weekends that is as degrading as it sounds. Then there’s the job of selling her house, which is actually the home she wanted to live in the rest of her life (it’s a darling little place she has here, but, given other circumstances in her life, she must get “out from under the mortgage” as she puts it – whatever that means). Then there’s the job of pre-promoting Choices Meant for Gods.

That’s where I come in.

At first, I was offended that she approached me to do something so self-serving. She told me that my constant badgering over the years and my constant suggestions on the plot and dialogue of Choices Meant for Gods and its sequel in the trilogy entitled her to some help in promotion, but I still balked at the idea. And then she threatened me. She told me things would go “badly” for Amanda if I didn’t do my part to assist. You can bet I signed on to help then.

And now I’m ashamed that it took such tactics to get my help. I should have stopped to look at what was taking place in my author’s life. If I hadn’t been so absorbed in my courting of Amanda, I might have realized Sandy was in dire straights. I might have noticed that my author needed my help.

So let me state, for the record, that I’m pleased to manage this blog. And I encourage everyone to contact your local bookstore to ask them when they’ll have Choices Meant for Gods by Sandy Lender in stock. The book will be released from ArcheBooks Publishing this spring, probably in March. The ISBN (whatever that is) is 978-1-59507-165-1.

In my next post, I’ll tell you all about this incredible review she’s gotten from Linear Reflections.

Tags:,

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites