Tuesday, June 19, 2007

She Became Someone I Didn't Recognize

I don't think I can express how alarmed I was when my fantasy author literally changed before my eyes. It was Sunday night, her birthday, and she had been sitting in a line for about 10 hours to get into a venue in New York City to see the Duran Duran concert. So now it was time for the show. And she morphed into this insane creature. (So did everyone around her, by the way. It was frightening.) I couldn't believe my eyes. My ears are still ringing...and not from the music.

I learned a new word that I had to look up in the dictionary. The meaning is something I don't believe I'll type here because, as Sandy has pointed out before, youth under the age of 13 may access this site. What I can't quite understand is why she screamed this word randomly at the stage... Uh-oh. We're about to get censored. No, I haven't typed anything lewd.

Sandy Lender would like me to state that she sold copies of Choices Meant for Gods, signed copies of Choices Meant for Gods, and handed out tons of business cards and bookmarks while in New York, so her trip was also productive, not just the scream-fest I'm making it out to be in this post. I think I'll continue this another time when she's not hovering, because there's so much more to tell. (It was truly insane. I've never seen so many scantily-clad women in my life. Henry would have been in Paradise, which is probably why we didn't tell him we were going... )

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites