Monday, July 23, 2007

She's Decided Men are Obsolete

This does not bode well for me, but she said I can be an exception because Chariss likes me so well. Nice. This "announcement" of hers came about because she used one of those round, flat, rubber things to open a jar. Seemed uneventful to me. But she was preoccupied with the jar and not listening to the things I was telling her to include in Book III of the Choices Meant for Gods trilogy, so I was paying attention to what she was doing. Anyway, she popped the lid open, tossed the rubber pad thing onto the counter, and looked at me as if she had some earth-shattering idea. I assumed we were on our way into the writing den. (That's usually what those looks mean.) No. She announces, in this matter-of-fact tone, "Men are obsolete."

"What?" I replied.

So she's decided that women no longer need men for anything, including, it appears, the opening of jars. I understand that your society has ways of making children without men's assistance as well, which boggles my mind; something about needles and clones, if you can believe that. She says that as soon as she buys stock in Duracell, she can just start running men down in traffic. (I don't get it.) I anticipate she'll be in jail by the end of the day.

Tags: ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would hate to think what Devon and Kiernan might think of such a proclomation....

~Jen

 
Add to Technorati Favorites